Monday 11 February 2013

Team Training - ideas

At team training this month I concentrated on using fabric.

I love using fabric and I wanted to explore an idea we had seen at convention and use it in card making.

To start with I cut the fabric, card stock and multi-purpose adhesive sheets to the required size. 

( A little side note about the multi-purpose sheets - they come in a pack of 12 sheets of 12 x 12 (30.5cm x 30.5cm ) size so there plenty of projects that you can use them with and they are only £13.50 so that's just over £1 a sheet. Alternatively you can use Fabric adhesive roll at £13.50  which is 29.4cm by 182.8cm) 

Tip of the day!! Take one side of the backing sheet off and put the card stock on FIRST! Then flip over, remove the other backing sheet and put the fabric on and smooth out any wrinkles - no need to iron before.

Then you can do what you like!! Let your imagination run.....

I made some boxes using the Fancy Favour die - I will share some other cute boxes in the next few days. 
The one here is using embossing the fabric/card with the Square lattice embossing folder - this makes the card quite flexible and almost soft and amazing texture!!  



I then cut another box and made an extra bottom. 

To construct it I used the fabric/card part upside down and folded what would normally be the bottom over as flaps and attached my FAVOURITE antique brads to the edges. Then I made up the extra bottom and popped it into the bottom of the box. ( I hope that made sense and the image is below) 
Then I just stamped an image and popped it on the front. 
OK confession time....I can't lie to you!! This box started off with a different plan but I cut the fabric/card bit upside down!!! All the little heads were the wrong way up!! - Confession time again I did this whilst chatting to my lovely SU sister, Elaine and I was so engrossed in chatting that I just wasn't paying attention!! So the rescue plan was hatched and I love the result!! 
More box ideas and fabric ideas in the next few days!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment